Can we talk?
Grab a cuppa joe as we take a break to look at tips, tools, and hacks for being more productive, efficient, and happy at work. The busy giving season for nonprofits will be here soon, filling to-do lists with annual appeal letters and acknowledgements, #GivingTuesday, events, year-end-giving campaigns and all that goes into the final push for donations before the new year.
Here’s a roundup of resources from across the web to help you improve upon important soft skills that will allow you to collaborate and work better with colleagues, board members, and donors.
- Messy workplace = productive employee – Toss a few papers around to spur creativity.
- Overcoming procrastination – No, you can’t read this later.
- Board meeting productivity – A little planning goes a long way in hosting an efficient board meeting.
- 20 ways to be a great communicator – This infographic shares tips for communicating better in any field and in any situation.
- Create an elevator pitch – How to clearly and succinctly answer, “What does your organization do?”
- Become a better public speaker – Believe it or not, there’s an app for that.
Lead by example.
- Feedforward – Soliciting feedback to change behavior.
- 6 tips to improve workplace morale – Simple ways to keep your staff motivated.